- There were 5,627 home sales reported through the Toronto Regional Real Estate Board’s (TRREB) MLS® System in August 2022, representing a year-over-year dip of 34.2 per cent – a lesser annual rate of decline compared to the previous four months.
- The August sales result also represented a month-over-month increase compared to July. There were 4,912 home sales reported through the Toronto Regional Real Estate Board (TRREB) MLS® System in July 2022 – down by 47% compared to July 2021.
The “All Leasing Activity (Sq. Ft.)” chart summarizes total industrial, commercial/retail and office square feet leased through Toronto MLS® regardless of pricing terms.
The “All Sales Activity” chart summarizes total industrial and commercial/retail and office sales through Toronto MLS® regardless of pricing terms.
GTA Market Snapshot
- Sales represented a higher share of new listings compared to the previous three months. If this trend continues, it could indicate some support for selling prices in the months ahead.
- On a year-over-year basis, the MLS® Home Price Index (HPI) was up by 8.9 per cent and the average selling price for all home types combined was up by 0.9 per cent to $1,079,500.
- Monthly growth in the average price versus a dip in the HPI Composite suggests a greater share of more expensive home types sold in August. As buyers continued to benefit from more choice, the annual rate of price growth has moderated.
- The MLS® Home Price Index (HPI) Composite Benchmark was up by 12.9% year-over-year.
CONDOMINIUM SALES STATS
CONDOMINIUM RENTAL STATS
In conjunction with the Toronto Regional Real Estate Board (TRREB) redistricting project, historical data may be subject to revision moving forward. This could temporarily impact per cent change comparisons to data from previous years.
Distinctive Real Estate Advisors Inc., Brokerage is pleased to present a recap of the latest market forecast release and September highlights from the Toronto Regional Real Estate Board (TRREB).
Distinctive Advisors is an integrated real estate Advisory Services, Commercial, Residential and Mortgage Brokerage firm, providing clients with a simultaneous view of their opportunities through one lens.
Our unique approach is streamlined across real estate product classes, focusing on meeting our clients’ personal and corporate and business objectives, then crafting real estate strategy around those objectives.
We’d welcome an opportunity to discuss the September Toronto Regional Real Estate Market Watch presentation. If you have any questions about our services, please contact our team.