For a breakdown of TRREB’s MLS® System housing figures for May, including sales, prices, and condo apartment rental transactions, view the latest Market Watch by the numbers report, housing market charts and info-graphic here.
TRREB RELEASES JUNE RESALE HOUSING MARKET REPORT
Toronto Regional Real Estate Board President Michael Collins released the following key housing market statistics for JUNE 2020:
TRREB MLS® System Sales and New Listings
- Greater Toronto Area REALTORS® reported 8,701 sales through TRREB’s MLS® System in June 2020. This result represented a very substantial increase over the May 2020 sales result, both on an actual (+89 per cent) and seasonally adjusted basis (+84 per cent), and was only down by 1.4 per cent compared to June 2019.
- Year-over-year growth in sales was reported in some areas and market segments. Especially notable were the detached and townhouse market segments in the GTA regions surrounding the City of Toronto.
- The MLS® Home Price Index Composite Benchmark was up by 8.2 per cent year-over-year in June. The average selling price for all home types combined was $930,869 – up by 11.9 per cent compared to June 2019. The actual and seasonally-adjusted average selling price was also up substantially compared to May 2020, by 7.8 per cent and 9.8 per cent respectively.
- Average and benchmark selling prices were up year-over-year for all major home types. The strongest average annual rates of price growth were experienced in the detached and semi-detached market segments in the City of Toronto at 14.3 per cent and 22 per cent respectively. This, coupled with the fact that average selling price growth outstripped growth in the MLS® HPI benchmarks, points to a resurgence in the
- higher-end market segments.
DOWNLOAD YOUR COPY OF THE COMPLETE RELEASE TODAY